27 rue Godefroy, lyon 6ème


The definitive medical treatment for underarm sweating

Are you regularly bothered by underarm sweat and want to get rid of it permanently? Miradry® is the solution.

This is the first noninvasive medical treatment which, in a single session, will safely and effectively eliminate the sweat glands in the armpits.

With Miradry®, say stop to perspiration, odors, armpit stains and anti-perspirants.

This technology was developed by researchers in the US and has been supported by the FDA since 2011.
Miradry® has several scientific studies that prove its effectiveness over time.
There is even talk in the media, both on TV and in magazines! See press reviews for Miradry.

* Source : Realself  05/03/2015

How does Miradry work?

Miradry® uses ultra-short waves that are aimed 3mm into the dermis. At its focal point, the temperature rises up to 60 degrees. What we are looking to cause is a dermal pyrolysis effect. At this depth are sweat glands and hair follicles. This treatment is non-invasive (no surgery) and is performed under local anesthesia.

The treatment will eliminate both the sweat glands and hair follicles while protecting the surrounding tissues (skin, nerves and blood vessels) of the underarm area.


Distribution of glands before Miradry® treatment

Evolution of the glands 15 days after treatment

Evolution of the glands 200 days after treatment



What is the difference of Miradry with other treatments?

Compared to other existing techniques, the results are immediate and long lasting.

What is sweat?

Perspiration has a functional role: regulating the internal temperature of 37 degrees Celsius. We have 3 million sweat glands on the surface of the skin that cause sweat.

There are two types of sweat glands:

  • Eccrine glands
  • Apocrine glands

Eccrine glands produce a low concentration of sweat, mostly composed of water. The evaporation of water on the surface of the skin helps lower body temperature when increased (fever, a warm environment, emotions, etc..). These glands are located all over the body including in the armpits.

Apocrine glands are the cause of sweat that causes odor. They are located in the armpits, pubic area and perineum. They appear at puberty. They are responsible for the body odor that identifies us.

The amount we sweat may vary from 2 liters for a subject at rest to more than 9 liters during intense physical effort. Beyond the role of thermoregulation, perspiration helps to moisturize the skin and eliminate toxins and salt.

The sweat glands under your arms account for only 2% of your total body sweat glands. By blocking underarm sweating with Botox or destroying them permanently with Miradry®, there is no risk of increasing sweating elsewhere because there are the other 98% that work.

What is a Miradry® session like?

You will need to shave your armpits the day before or the morning of your treatment. The skin should indeed be completely hairless for greater efficiency. We also recommend wearing loose clothing such as a tank top or sleeveless t-shirt so that your armpits are exposed.
Before using the Miradry® device, your armpits will be anesthetized: all the underarm area will be anesthetized with a Xylocaine solution.
Next, a film is layed on the skin. This layer will be cut to the size and shape of your armpits. It will help guide the physician during the application of the device. A light suction will hold the membrane onto the skin where the waves exit. A cooling system is integrated to permanently protect the skin. It will take 30 minutes to process the entire surface of an armpit. The efficiency of the treatment is felt the very next day and permanently!

See how MiraDry® treatment works. You can also see how this system affects our sweat glands.

What happens after treatment?

Following treatment is simple and not complicated or painful. The armpits will be slightly swollen and there will be some small bruises due to the suction effect. Directly following treatment and later the same evening, you will apply a cold compress that will be given to you at the end of your treatment. There is no follow-up care to be done but we advise you to apply a moisturizer to the skin. As a precaution, we recommend you do not do physical activity during the first week.

Are there risks?

Since 2011, France has been authorized by physicians in the United State through its FDA support to use this treatment. The destruction of underarm sweat glands will affect only 2% of the total glands in the body, the thermal regulation of the body is absolutely not affected. There will be no increased sweating in other areas of the body! Miradry® technology has already changed the lives of over 40,000 patients worldwide.
Miradry® has finally been available in France for over two years and is now in Lyon! Do not wait to permanently get rid of your underarm sweat.
The complete MiraDry treatment for your underarms at Centre Laser Lyon is 2400 €.